We get stuck in the mud, in the snow, at 16,200 feet, overnight so that you don't have to. An account and some lessons learned from our first real calamity. No one presses the SOS button. Adam doesn't get frostbite. Maggie doesn't like bullfights. A long time argument is settled.
- Map of this leg of the Journey from Lima to Arequipa.. the hard way.
- The equipment we wish we had: Hi-Lift jack, Hi-Lift Liftmate wheel adapter, Hi-Lift jack base, Hi-Lift jack protector.
- The equipment we were so relieved we had: DeLorme inReach Satellite Communicator.
- Maggie's post-mortem on our stranding and excavation of Shadow
- Let's Not Panic on Instagram